Breaking all the Rules: Redeeming the Unredeemed
Redemption... the act of stealing away, repaying for a debt, restoring or making whole... God does not speak your name to save you and give you a ticket to heaven but to redeem you to a life of wholeness... and worthiness.
I love the fact that Jesus breaks all the rules. He gives you and I a life of redeemption:
- He looks to the heart, not actions - Galatians 4:4-7
- He speaks and shows about 2 commandments, not 10 - Mark 10:28-31
- He doesnt judge but reveals unconditional love - John 3:16-17
- He forces a way through the Cross to offer us relationship, not rules from human minds, handy work, and/or a collection of golden stars - Galatians 5:1
- You and I cannot break the rules without Christ - Romans
There are people that dont like people breaking all the rules... but if you want to be different, you got to break the rules.... Jesus offers a life that is beyond rules. It is a life of freedom from your selfishness, narrow mindness, and judgements. It is a life of radical obedience, joy in difficult situations, and peace surpassing our own understanding... It is a life to give and show redeeption to others.
Are you living without rules?