Opportunity is to make the MOST of your time. It is to "expand influence".
I believe that making the most out of out time is found in the Bible; which is STILL the number one best seller of ALL time. In saying that, the BIBLE IS the source of life... not religion...
In any case, the Bible communicates with you and me to live in a way that makes the most of our time. In other words:
- Don't be IDLE or LAZY but LIVE in Kingdom-mindedness (Eph 5:15)
- Don't WAIT for opportunity but seek out and STRAGETIZE opportunity (Eph. 5:16)
- If you dont know what to do, PRAY INTO opportunity... because God is the one that provides opportunity (Eph 5:17)
- BE empowered by Holy Spirit living (eternal) in everyday life rather than living for the things of this world (deteriorating). (Eph 5:18)
- EVERYONE has opportunity!
This type of material that Paul is expressing to the Ephesus church is regarding end time theology... It means that you and I have a responsibility... a command from God... out of obedience to Christ to:
TIME (days that YOU have) + REDEEMPTION IN YOU (Heaven) = OPPORTUNITY (revealing Heaven)
Paul is expressing the importance... the urgency to reveal Heaven on Earth in a everyday reality... not just in Guatemala, youth minstry, or church folk... but in everday life at school with people who NEED agape, our workplaces where people run HARD after money and CRY out for significance, and church folk who have fallen IDLE who need to see and experience JOY...
Our days are numbered... what are you doing with them? Pray into opportunity TODAY... don't wait!